There is nothing better than a hot minestrone soup and some crusty bread to kick those winter chills! This one is full of great
vegetables and some punchy flavour.
• 2 chicken breasts
• 3 large potatoes
• Approximately 1.5 litres of water
• 4 tbsp tomato paste
• 2 teaspoons salt (adjust for taste)
• 2 cups cubed carrots
• 2 cups chopped green beans
• 2 x bunches of washed & sliced Bok Choy
• 1 & ½ cup spaghetti or pasta of your choice
• 1 large, diced onion
• 3 tbsp olive oil (to fry onion)
1. Boil your water with your peeled and cubed potatoes.
2. When the potatoes are soft blitz them with a hand blender.
3. Add tomato paste, salt, vegetables and your chicken.
4. Boil all this together for approximately ½ an hour.
5. Separately, fry the diced onion in the olive oil until lightly brown.
6. Add your fried onion and olive oil hot to the soup and quickly close the lid, allow to boil for another 10-15 mins
7. This simple and easy recipe can be adjusted to suit your palate, use other vegetables you like or add more blended
potato if you like a thicker consistency. You can even add cooked lentils or beans to make it even more filling.
Recipe courtesy of Fazilet Ismail